Helping Fathers Be A Part Of Their Children's Lives

The law does not favor fathers in Oklahoma. In a child custody dispute arising from a divorce, courts tend to assume the children are better off spending more time with their mother. If the parents are not married, children automatically go to the mother, and the fathers may have a hard time even arranging to visit their children.

This situation leaves many fathers frustrated. These men want to participate in the raising of their children, and they feel that the law is shutting them out.

Fathers Rights

If you are in this situation, it's important to remember that you have visitation and custody rights. With the help of a good lawyer, you can protect your rights and your relationship with your children.

The Pence Law Firm, P.C., helps fathers and mothers in a variety of issues in family law, including:

  • Child custody
  • Child support
  • Divorce
  • Unwed fathers
  • Visitation
  • Paternity

We want to help people who are good fathers and want to be a bigger part of the lives of their kids.

I have offices in Tulsa and Edmond, Oklahoma.

Fathers Rights

Fathers' Rights

In previous generations, divorce was relatively rare. When a couple with children decided to end their marriage, courts almost always gave full custody rights to the mother. At most, fathers might get to spend weekends with their kids.

However, the situation began to change as the divorce rate increased in the 1960s and '70s, and as more women entered the workforce. Many men began to resent the apparent assumption that they were not good parents for their children, and began organizing to push for recognition.

The situation is far from resolved today, particularly in Oklahoma. Still, with the help of a skilled attorney, fathers can assert their custody or visitation rights by pursuing a court order.

Learn About Your Legal Options

Get started by learning about your options for protecting your rights and your relationship with your children by calling the Pence Law Firm, P.C., today at 918-771-3675. You can also contact my office by email.